Endodontic Retreatment, Ponte Vedra Beach FL
Pain In Tooth After Root Canal
With the appropriate care, your teeth that have had endodontic treatment will last as long as other natural teeth. Yet, a tooth that has received treatment may fail to heal or pain may continue to exist. Sometimes, the pain may occur months or years after treatment. If so, Endodontic Retreatment may be needed.
Please also read our Endodontic Retreatment Patient Reviews.
Improper healing may be caused by:
- Curved or narrow canals that were not treated during the initial treatment.
- Complicated canals that went undetected during the initial treatment.
- The crown or restoration was not placed within the appropriate amount of time following the procedure.
- The crown or restoration that did not prevent saliva from contaminating the inside of the tooth.
Illustrated Cause and Endodontic Retreatment
Root Material Placed
In some cases, new problems can influence a tooth that was successfully treated:
- New decay can expose a root canal filling material, causing infection.
- A cracked or loose filling or crown can expose the tooth to new infection.
Once retreatment has been selected as a solution to your problem, Dr. Mavec will reopen your tooth to gain access to the root canal filling material. This restorative material will be removed to enable access to the root canal. The doctors will now clean your canals and carefully examine the inside of the problematic tooth. Once cleaned, the doctors will fill and seal the canals and place a temporary filling in the tooth.
At this point, you will need to return to your dentist as soon as possible in order to have a new dental crown or restoration placed on the tooth to restore full functionality.
Patient Reviews: Endodontic Retreatment
Please read testimonials from our patients, below. If you wish to rate your experience with Ponte Vedra Endodontics, we invite you to fill out a Patient Review form to leave a review about your Endodontic Retreatment experience with Ponte Vedra Endodontics. Call our office if you would like more information: Ponte Vedra Beach Endodontics Office Phone Number 904-273-5770.
Ponte Vedra Endodontics
Patient Review by Robert M
- Robert M
Patient Review by Carol B
To other patients: Just chill out. Everything is answered and/or taken care of for you by the nicest people! And this was my fourth visit in the last 10 years.
- Carol B